Monday, October 15, 2007

Verizon Swing and a Miss

FIOS has hit my 'hood. 49.95 for lightining fast, 39.95 for merely blazing. But wait, there is more. I can get it as a "package" with home phone, internet, and cell service. But the pricing confuses me, and I contact customer support. Below is my conversation, with spelling corrections.

Your chat ID number is 10150791940.
Welcome to Verizon Live Chat. You have selected to chat about:
TN:425pppnnnn
Subject:Product Information / General Bill Inquiry
15:29:24 A Verizon eCenter Representative will be with you shortly. Thank you.
15:42:58 Estimated wait time is approximately 5m:39s's, we apologize for the delay. You are next in the line. A representative will be with you shortly.
15:43:09 Agent John has joined.
15:43:09 John: Chat ID for this session is 10150791940.
Roger: Hello, I am trying to figure out how to compare the cost of a bundle to my existing bill. According to the website, if I get fios (fast is good) I can get it for 39.95 vs 22.77 I am paying now. (17 buck for the extra speed). and phone in a bundle for 44.99, but my current cost is 34.34 (all taxes included) -- 10.65 extra. this bundle costs me more. how is that better?
John: You get Unlimited Long Distance, calling features, and state of the art Internet services.
Roger: but I use my cell phone for long distance already...
Roger: and the fios is 39.95 even with out the phone package.
John: Yes, perhaps the bundle is not the ideal package in your situation.
Roger: so is it just the extra calling features I get for the extra 10.65?
Roger: Seems odd that a bundle would cost me a bundle more.
Roger: that's too bad.
John: Long distance is the main advantage, and the features are included in the price.
Roger: I suppose the other advantage would be unlimited calling between my cell and my home.
John: If you have the Verizon Wireless, yes.
Roger: ok, so I’m not misinterpreting the offer.
John: I do not think so. Its a general offer, it may not fit everyone’s calling needs.
Roger: I had hoped the package would offer me more benefit.
Roger: Thanks for your time.
John:Thank you for your interest in the services.
Roger: :(
John: Do you have any other questions I can help you with today?
Roger: can you make the package help me?
John: The bundle is as listed online. There really are no options to rearrange this bundle. I apologize.
Roger: kinda figgered, but you asked. :D
John: I understand.
Your session is now closed.
Thank you. Have a nice day.

No comments: